YouTube has recently offered a small feature that can offer BIG results for the small business owner using video…announcing External Annotations.
Now you can create clickable links INSIDE your YouTube Videos that immediately send your viewers DIRECTLY to your website. It’s called “Video Traffic” for a reason, and now, more than ever, External Annotations can help convert more of your viewers into visitors and INCREASE your TRAFFIC!
In this post, we’ll discuss…
- The Importance of External Annotations
- How to Set Up & Use External Annotation
- Where to Send Your YouTube Viewers
WHY External Annotations
External Annotation TUTORIAL:
- Activate Monetization on Your Channel
- Add Your Associated Website
- Double-Check The External Annotation Feature has been Activated
VIDEO Walk-Through of the External Annotation Setup
WHERE To Send Your YouTube Visitors
I get this question all the time! Where do I want to send my YouTube traffic for the BEST results?!
Well, the answer may differ slightly for most people, but for most of us, the answer is the same: get ’em opted-in ASAP!
If you’ve been able to successfully navigate your viewers away from YouTube- Congratulations! Now, before you lose them forever, you need to capture their contact details! The best way to do that is through a lead-capture page, or squeeze page. Even using your blog works (if you have an opt-in box on it!) If you’re looking for some great software or resources for YOUR next squeeze page, I highly recommend Lead Pages
What to do NOW:
So, now that you know this VALUABLE information, here’s what you need to do immediately:
- Make sure YOUR External Annotation Feature is Activated
- Go through ALL of your past YouTube videos and add the External Annotation to EVERY video
- Set up the proper Squeeze Page/Lead Capture Page so you send your viewers to the RIGHT Place
- Prepare all FUTURE videos for more effective Call-to-Actions and more Creative Annotation Options